In the March blog, in my article on Kitchen Pharmacy, I spoke about the list of vitamins, nutrients and proteins essential in our body and which is easily available in our day to day food we eat. I listed a few home remedies that works for us. Today, I shall put forward a list of home remedies for Indigestion and Constipation.
- For Indigestion, take a drink made of a spoonful of ginger juice, a teaspoon of lemon juice mixed with a bottle of soda. Salt or sugar can also be added.
- Put two or three tender leaves of `tulsi’ in a glass of water overnight and drink this water early in the morning. This will clean your bowels and purify your blood.
- Eat a little ajwain or boil a glass of buttermilk and water with a little jeera (cumin seeds), curry lea and dry or fresh ginger. This will make a refreshing drink at night.
- By using a small piece of ginger in your daily food in any form you can be free from indigestion and other stomach troubles.
- Eat a little ajwain (Voma) or drink a little of its decoction (Kasaya).
- Eat a little burnt onion or burnt garlic
- Mix a little pepper powder, lime juice and salt with a few slices of raw radish and eat it.
- Eat a cardamom fruit together with a ripe plantain daily before going to bed in the night.
- Mix a pinch of cooking salt and a teaspoon of lime juice, dissolve it in a little water and drink it.
- Proper exercise is a reliable remedy for long standing indigestion.
- Patients with chronic indigestion should forego evening meals (dinner) and practice taking fruits and/or raw vegetables.
- Take equal quantities of dry ginger, gingelly, and jaggery, grind or powder them together. Dissolve six grams of this powder in half glass of milk and drink it daily in the early morning for six days.
- Eat a Banana or a thick slice of ripe papaya fruit before going to bed at night.
- Have your meal at fixed time. Drink a glass of warm water half an hour before breakfast and half an hour before retiring at night. Make a habit of answering calls of nature at fixed time every day.
- Squeeze out the juice of bottle gourd and a little salt and drink it daily for some days. This will cure chronic constipation.
- Take ripe Papaya fruit (sliced) mix it with a little each of cumin seed powder, pepper powder, and salt and eat it daily. This will cure constipation, indigestion and worm trouble.
- As a blogger, my ultimate goal is to help my readers love, celebrate and enjoy the different cuisine recipes from across the states in a healthy and positive way.