Cold makes its appearance at any time. Cough follows the Cold, if not associated with it. Though seemingly simple, Cough and Cold are more than enough to give one restless or even sleepless nights. Here are some homely tips that could work well for you.
- Pineapple is good for those who catch cold easily.
- For cold in the head, place a little pepper powder in a bit of cloth, make a twist out of this and hold it over a flame. Inhale the pepper fumes when it begins to smoke.
- To prevent cold, apply mustard oil on the bridge of the nose.
- Raw onions eaten twice or thrice a day will help to clear stuffed nostrils resulting from ordinary cold and will also give relief to patients of asthma, nasal and bronchial catarrh.
- Lime juice in hot water with honey to taste is one of the best things for an incipient cold.
- Honey mixed with ground liquorice is an old house-hold remedy for coughs.
- Few tulsi leaves or ajwain leaves with boiling water while preparing tea.
- Turmeric powder boiled in mil and taken internally relieves cough and cold.
- Dry cough can be cured by gradually sipping a mixture of ghee and powdered cumin seed.
- If you have a persistent cough or a blocked nose while sleeping, put a grain of salt into your mouth. The coughing stops and the nose block eases.
- For Phlegm congestion, mix together one glassful of the decoction made out of the leaves of methi (fenugreek) and one teaspoon of juice of ginger along with a little honey and drink it 2-3 times a day.
(Extracted from Home Encyclopedia by B Lobo)
- As a blogger, my ultimate goal is to help my readers love, celebrate and enjoy the different cuisine recipes from across the states in a healthy and positive way.